Repose [{_}]
((if you're viewing this on Facebook, you might want to go to www.hannahmello.blogspot.com... the formating's hard to navigate through... it's easier in its original form...))noun, verb, -posed, -pos⋅ing. –noun
1. the state of reposing or being at rest; rest; sleep.
2. peace; tranquility; calm.
3. to lie or be at rest, as from work, activity, etc.
4. to lie dead.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
In looking for an appropriate image / art piece for this post, I came across the painting above titled "Repose" by John White Alexander. I deeply appreciate his works, I've discovered! I love it. An unexpected intersection / learning piece! :)
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Tonight, I feel repose. I am absolutely resting and feel absolutely dead. :) The dual meanings of repose.
We all try and figure out how to spend our time when we feel awful, right? Decision making to our best ability :)... When I feel this way, the questions I ask are (not that they're the right ones / best ones.. maybe you can share your own and give me ideas of what other/additional ones to ask...):
- What will refill this drained-ness?
- Do I need to accomplish tasks/chores or just not do anything?
- Does my perspective need to shift? Will that help?
- Am I missing quality time with good friends/family?
- Do I need soul time? (meditation, prayer, spiritual reading)
- Will focusing on someone else take the attention off of myself in a good way?
Tonight, I don't really know the answers to any of those questions :) I'm too dead to know. I guess I just need SLEEP. :)
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Another painting by John White Alexander I just found (thanks Wikipedia) below. I love the Medieval time period most of all. I am amazed that that's the case, but it is true. The art piece below captures some of the simplicity and the monastic thought/art of that period. I love it.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home